I Love Paris


Have always wanted to make a trip to La Defense again, for the Grande Arche. The last time I visited Grande Arche was more than 7 years ago! On my last trip to Paris, I didn't make it there due to the rain in the morning, before departing the romantic city.

The project to build the 'Grande Arche' (Great Arch) was initiated by the French president Mitterrand. He wanted a XXth century version of the Arc de Triomphe. The design of Danish architect Otto van Spreckelsen looks more like a cube-shaped building than a triumphal arch.

It is a 106 meters (348 ft) white building with the middle part left open. The sides of the cube contain offices. You can take an elevator to the top of the Arche de la Défense, from where you have a nice view on the city center which is only 4 km further.


My dolly at Grande Arche.


A very cloudy day!


La Défense is the prime high-rise office district of Paris. Many of Paris's tallest buildings can be found here.



A quick dinner before I head back to hotel to retire. I ordered a set meal and I was surprised Perrier's one of the beverage options for my set meal. I was super exhausted by noontime & thus my plan to do a night shoot fell through.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: