11.8.2009 Lunch at Yoshimaru Ramen Bar


This is the making of the DIY gyoza sauce. So I merely follow the instructions on the menu.
1. Pour soya sauce
2. Then add vinegar
3. Lastly, add chilli oil




Mom's seafood champon ramen $12. The broth is very salty and we have to ask for hot water to dilute it.


My DIY ramen $9 plus $1 for the egg.


Dad's dan dan mien $13.


Prawns gyoza $6.80



They serve ice cream of 3 flavours and I must try them all.


Dad's yuzu(orange) sorbet. $3 per scoop. This is refreshing and you can taste the orange flavour.


Mom's black sesame.


My green tea ice cream.

We arrive after lunch hour, ie 1.30pm when the restaurant is less busy. Shortly after we arrive, we are the only customers there. The servers aren't very attentive and I waited a while for them to take my dessert order. Once the order is taken, I don't see a single soul in the restarant and more than ten minutes later, they resurfaced with our desserts. The lady explains the ice cream is frozen hence the long wait. She is trying to find room on the table to drop the desserts, when she has forgotten to clear the food we have finished. Besides that, I also have to make some effort getting them to top up my ice green tea which is chargeable at $2 per serving. I think they should station themselves near the occupied tables inorder to render brisk service! Gosh! This is so basic yet they failed to do so.

This explains why Hong Kong beat us in customer service!!

Hmmm.. I doubt I will go back for more ramen.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: